Frosty

Default Changing a Link Mid-way Across Worksheets

I have a workbook with 12 sheets in it representing the Months of the
year. On each worksheet on Column A, there are 4 grocery store names &
store numbers, 3 empty cells, then 4 more grocery store names followed
by 3 empty cells. This pattern continues down the column until you have
about 12 grocery stores showing and 9 empty cells total. This is only
columns, no rows were added yet.

The worksheet is starting with 4 grocery store names and numbers now,
but will eventually have two more grocery store names and numbers added
later on.

On the first worksheet labeled January on the first Column A, the first
6 cells will be Store#1, Store#2, Store#13, Store#94, -Store#95,
Store#106.- I want to link cells A1 through A6 to the next six cells
below (skipping one cell to separate the groups). So cells A8 through
A13 will have whatever is typed into A1 thru A6. Simple copy & paste
special & paste link. Right? And I want this to link to the other
worksheets, so I simply go to the other worksheet's column A and enter
an equal sign to link worksheet one cells. So whatever store I type in
worksheet 1 labeled January, will be on all the worksheets.

Okay.

Now this pattern continues to June or the 6th worksheet. Now the
problem starts when I have to add a totally different store name and
number. In the June or 6th worksheet, cell A5 needs to change to
Store#2323. But if you recall, worksheet 1 already has the name
Store#95. I also know that in August or the 8th worksheet, I will be
changing the name again to Store#5656.

How can I link all the worksheets so that when I change the store name
& number mid-way, it will populate the rest of the worksheets from
there on. For example, Store#95 changes to Store#2323 in June, but for
the months of Jan-July, Store#95 populates. In June, Store#2323 is in
and populate the worksheets June-July. In August, Store#5656 will be
named for the remainder worksheets Aug-Dec.

A special thank you in advance for reading this far. This was the only
way I could explain the type of linking problem I have. I'm open to any
solutions you may have.

I attached a sample of the spreedsheet "Changing_a_Link_Midway.xls" in
.zip format. The links I created were removed and the areas of change
were marked.

Frosty

|Filename: Changing_a_Link_Midway.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3739 |