Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Phantom Worksheet Link Puzzle

I have created a new spreadsheet in Excel 2000 which involved some copying
and pasting from a previous spreadsheet. There are multiple worksheets in the
xls. Its fairly complex so don't want to recreate the whole thing again.
At one point the copy of a worksheet failed (crash with error report request).
The new spreadsheet seems to be OK, except on opening it is asking for the
password for a link to another spreadsheet. There is no link to that
spreadsheet anywhere in the new spreadsheet. I've searched the entire
spreadsheet and there is no genuine link.
So I used the Findlink add-in and it found a link to the spreadsheet. But it
names the source of the link as a worksheet which doesn't exist - the source
worksheet has a name something like G!11Ps. There is no worksheet of that
name in the new spreadsheet. When Findlink is asked to remove the link it
gives an error and doesn't remove it.
It seems there is a phantom worksheet in the new spreadsheet -- and the
phantom has the link that is coming up on open.
How can I find and get rid of the phantom worksheet ? Any ideas?

--
regards
....barglen