Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default links to attachments

Hi

We run couple of Citrix farms, where on one, the users inserting links
to attachments, especially pdf files, adobe acrobat would open up just
fine.
On the other farm, when a user does that, acrobat opens up then shuts
down immediately. This happens very quickly.
I got a feeling this is a registry issue, it's only last week that this
issue has been raised with us.
Mind you, we have installed acrobat 7 on this farm with this problem
not long ago, so maybe it hasn't worked since the upgrade (cannot be
sure of this), but can anyone point out to me what I need to look out
for.
Any settings anywhere where I can change the configurations so that
acrobat opens when a link within excel pointing to a pdf file (in a
cell) opens up.

I did compare settings between farms, one is mframexp, the other mps4
(one with the problem), but I found not much to point me to the right
location of the change required.

I did run registry monitor, looked at various settings, getting
nowhere. I must be missing something somewhere, maybe you know what it
is.

Many thanks