Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can I format a workbook so that every sheet has the same footer

can I format a workbook so that every sheet has the same footer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes you can.

Click on the first tab you want to include in the array hold down the
shift key and then select the tab at the far end of your array of tabs.
This should turn all of the tabs white, this means that anything you do
in one of these tabs will change in all the tabs. For example if you
enter Test into A1 of sheet 1 it will type Test into every tab that is
selected. This can be good if that is your intent if not you can make a
mess.

Back to how to change the footer after selecting the tabs that you want
to apply the footer to you would then go to page set up and change the
footer in the normal way. Once you have added the footer don't forget
to ungroup the tabs you can do this by clicking or double clicking on
one of the tabs when they change color from all white you know that
they are ungrouped.

Good Luck

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes.

Right-click on first sheet then "Select all sheets"

Set up your footer on active sheet and all sheets will receive the same footer.

DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets after this.

What you do to one sheet is done to all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP