David Vollmer

Default Saving one sheet within a workbook

Is it possible to save one sheet tht is contained within a workbook of 50+
sheets? Since I have to attach the saved sheet to a record in another
application it will save almost 2MB of space.

If, however, I have to re-open the newly saved workbook to make changes I
will need it to be "re-inserted" into the master workbook in order for the
multiple lookups to work.

I have tried to use 2 workbooks to facilitate the lookups and that is
working - until I have to reload a saved workbook, because it has a name that
is not recognized by the lookup workbook.

I do not like links (maybe because I am not as familiar with them as I
should be) and would like to have a way for the lookup workbook to
automatically recognize the main workbook - regardless of its name.
Ray A

Hi David,
If you right click on the sheet tab and select Move or Copy then click for
make a copy you create a new workbook containing only that sheet. Since you
made a copy the original workbook is intact. You can continue to make changes
in the original and overwrite the copied sheet when you save
HTH

"David Vollmer" wrote:

Is it possible to save one sheet tht is contained within a workbook of 50+
sheets? Since I have to attach the saved sheet to a record in another
application it will save almost 2MB of space.

If, however, I have to re-open the newly saved workbook to make changes I
will need it to be "re-inserted" into the master workbook in order for the
multiple lookups to work.

I have tried to use 2 workbooks to facilitate the lookups and that is
working - until I have to reload a saved workbook, because it has a name that
is not recognized by the lookup workbook.

I do not like links (maybe because I am not as familiar with them as I
should be) and would like to have a way for the lookup workbook to
automatically recognize the main workbook - regardless of its name.

David Vollmer

Thank you, Ray. That worked fine. I do have a question about later opening
that copied sheet if I need to make changes. If I create a new sheet in the
master workbook and copy the previously saved sheet into it I don't know if
the lookups will work. I will have to combine both workbooks (the master and
the lookup) first and see what happens.

If that works I will need to automate the process of creating a new workbook
and then if it is reopened for editing, automating the process of inserting
it back into the master workbook. There are 8 of us who will be using this
process.

Any additional suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
David