Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlinking problems

Hi I'm trying to hyperlink using the HYPERLINK() from one cell to
another in different sheets in the same workbook using a cell with a
reference to a row that i want to link to. The workbook's name is
BalanceSheet, the cells are in a sheet called Details, the cell which
has the reference to a row in the Details sheet as calculated by a
MATCH() formula and is adjacent to the cell which i want to be
hyperlinked.
First problem is that i cant seem to get the basic hyperlink function
to link to a cell in the same workbook, the formula I'm using is the
same in the help files but doen't seem to work for me. My formula is
=HYPERLINK("[BalanceSheet]Details!A25", "yes") which when clicked
brings up an error box with "Cannot open the specified file". I would
really prefer this to link to the range A25:Q25, but I'm content with
linking just to a single cell if I can link at all.
Second problem is how can I incorporate the reference into this
formula? The references are in column J which is adjacent to the column
of cells i want to hyperlink. Column J contains a number for a MATCH()
formula eg 25 which i want to incorporate into the above formula to
save me from retyping for each cell.
I can hyperlink cells by right-clicking on them and selecting hyperlink
then selecting the sheet and adding the cell reference but this is too
tedious for the hundreds of links which need to be added.
I'm running Microsoft Excell 2003 version 11.5612.5606. Any help would
be greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
msteel
msteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36311

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you're probably looking for something like this:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",
INDIRECT("'Depfind'!D"&MATCH(A2,Depfind!A:A,0))),I NDIRECT("'Depfind'!D"&MATCH(A2,Depfind!A:A,0)))

Try this previous response:
http://tinyurl.com/mywgz

Here's a fresh link to the sample file mentioned in the response:
http://www.savefile.com/files/6309227
AutoHyperlink_Excelplate_wks.xls
--
Max
Singapore
"msteel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This solution does everything i need in a neat little formula, I only
wish I had of asked earlier, once again thank-you for your solution.

--
msteel
msteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36311
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560930

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"msteel" wrote:
This solution does everything i need in a neat little formula, I only
wish I had of asked earlier, once again thank-you for your solution.

Delighted to hear that !
Thanks for the feedback ..

Feel free to browse my samples archives
(link in sign-off below)