Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why are formulas not updating when changing a value in the range?

I have an excel file that Ive maintained for over two years now, it has
simple formulas that sum different fields. The formulas are not updating the
way they typically do. For example, if Im summing column M6 through M12, the
sum does not update if I change a value within that range. I have to re-sum
that column, in the past if I changed a value within that range the sum would
automatically update. I can copy and paste to a new file however then I then
have to reformat and create a new chart. Help anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about ToolsOptionsCalculation. Set to "Automatic"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:06:03 -0700, RVsnk77
wrote:

I have an excel file that I’ve maintained for over two years now, it has
simple formulas that sum different fields. The formulas are not updating the
way they typically do. For example, if I’m summing column M6 through M12, the
sum does not update if I change a value within that range. I have to re-sum
that column, in the past if I changed a value within that range the sum would
automatically update. I can copy and paste to a new file however then I then
have to reformat and create a new chart. Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dar Dar is offline

hey we are having a similar problem, did you do what the other two suggested
yet? Click on Tools, Options, Calculation, and tick on automatic.
Next, you need to get any service packs that you haven't downloaded yet if
you have an old version of Excel.
Also some of the other tips were to hold down Control, Shift, Alt and F9
keys --
none of these worked for me but i just made an inquiry so you might want to
keep your eye on answers to my post as well.
Hope it goes well.
Dar
"RVsnk77" wrote:

I have an excel file that Ive maintained for over two years now, it has
simple formulas that sum different fields. The formulas are not updating the
way they typically do. For example, if Im summing column M6 through M12, the
sum does not update if I change a value within that range. I have to re-sum
that column, in the past if I changed a value within that range the sum would
automatically update. I can copy and paste to a new file however then I then
have to reformat and create a new chart. Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why are formulas not updating when changing a value in the ran

Thank you so much!!!! That was it, I really appreciate your response. Roger

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Have you got calculation on manual?

ToolsOptions...Calculation check automatic

--
HTH
Nick Hodge