carlyman

Default Formulas Not Updating!!!

*All of my formulas * are not updating automatically (SUMs, IFs, etc); I
have to go back to the cell and press "Enter" for them to update.

Why would this be happening...any ideas?

Thanks,
JC

--
carlyman
carlyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22440

Joe_G

I think I have experienced your problem before.

I fixed my problem by clicking on the -Tools- menu and picking
-Options-. Then on the -Calculation- Tab right near the top there
should be a selection for automatic. I clicked that and my problem was
solved.

Hope this helps,

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27484

carlyman

Thanks a bunch....no idea how that got changed.

-JC

--
carlyman
carlyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22440
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469981

David McRitchie

Possibly from a macro that terminated without setting calculation back.
It could also happen from an addin, but is less likely because they are
generally written with a bit more thought, but they are susceptible as well.

If the problem recurs and you want to try to find out soon after it happens,
like the next time you bring up Excel, you might take a look at
Shortcut Keys in Excel 2000 (Excel Vers. 9)
Auto_Open set to guarantee Calculation is turned on (#autocalc)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...k.htm#autocalc
---
HTH,