Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to create a error message box

In my spreadsheet BC17:BC158 is a dropdown list with a chose of HB, or
Blank cell.

In order for HB to be a valid selection they need to have selected Yes
from a dropdown list in cell B17,D17 or F17 or any combination of "Yes"
in those cells.

If not I would like an error message box to appear stating that they
must first select Yes in on of the cells B17,D17,F17.

I also will need to use this synario on other column and row
commbinations.

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Data Validation with a type of Custom and a formula of
=OR(B17="Yes",D17="Yes",F17="Yes") and set the error message accordingly.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"lostinformulas"
<lostinformulas.2asy86_1152657010.4166@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:lostinformulas.2asy86_1152657010.4166@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

In my spreadsheet BC17:BC158 is a dropdown list with a chose of HB, or
Blank cell.

In order for HB to be a valid selection they need to have selected Yes
from a dropdown list in cell B17,D17 or F17 or any combination of "Yes"
in those cells.

If not I would like an error message box to appear stating that they
must first select Yes in on of the cells B17,D17,F17.

I also will need to use this synario on other column and row
commbinations.

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560489

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

Thanks that worked great, however orginally I had create my dropdown
list using the validation:list. Using the custom I have lost the List
ability unless there is a way to do both.

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35229
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560489

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would use two, one for the list, one for the custom formula, and link them
(not sure exactly how as I don't know the data and your lists).

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"lostinformulas"
<lostinformulas.2at18i_1152660913.3628@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:lostinformulas.2at18i_1152660913.3628@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Bob,

Thanks that worked great, however orginally I had create my dropdown
list using the validation:list. Using the custom I have lost the List
ability unless there is a way to do both.

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560489

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob
I had to delete all the formula to lookup information in order to get
down to size.
Basically I have four tab the only two that apply to this situtation is
the worksheet, and list tabs.

The list tab contains the lists, I have defined the name and used the
validation rule. When I put the custom validation in it removes the
list.

The Columns that apply to the list B-G have a yes/no/blank cell list
Columns BC:BD have HB/blank cell
list

I hope this is enough information for you to understand what I'm trying
to do.

Thanks again for your help.

|Filename: Direct Marketing Copy.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5018 |