Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Need to create a error message box

Use Data Validation with a type of Custom and a formula of
=OR(B17="Yes",D17="Yes",F17="Yes") and set the error message accordingly.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"lostinformulas"
<lostinformulas.2asy86_1152657010.4166@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:lostinformulas.2asy86_1152657010.4166@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

In my spreadsheet BC17:BC158 is a dropdown list with a chose of HB, or
Blank cell.

In order for HB to be a valid selection they need to have selected Yes
from a dropdown list in cell B17,D17 or F17 or any combination of "Yes"
in those cells.

If not I would like an error message box to appear stating that they
must first select Yes in on of the cells B17,D17,F17.

I also will need to use this synario on other column and row
commbinations.

--
lostinformulas
lostinformulas's Profile: