Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLookup Formula

Hi. Can someone tell me why I get the Vlookup formula in the cell I am
trying to pull data into? I tried copying and pasting data in new
workbook, but the formula still shows in the cell.
thanks. This is what shows in my cell after I perform the vlookup
process. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A2:B3197,1,false)
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format the cell as General and then re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jazzydwit" wrote in message ps.com...
| Hi. Can someone tell me why I get the Vlookup formula in the cell I am
| trying to pull data into? I tried copying and pasting data in new
| workbook, but the formula still shows in the cell.
| thanks. This is what shows in my cell after I perform the vlookup
| process. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A2:B3197,1,false)
| thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Change the cell format from Text to some other (General, Numeric, Date,
Custom, etc)

PS. Probably it'll be wise to change lookup range reference to absolute one
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$3197,1,false)

Arvi Laanemets

"jazzydwit" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi. Can someone tell me why I get the Vlookup formula in the cell I am
trying to pull data into? I tried copying and pasting data in new
workbook, but the formula still shows in the cell.
thanks. This is what shows in my cell after I perform the vlookup
process. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A2:B3197,1,false)
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you have Excel set to show formulas instead of the values that are the
result of formulas?
To see if 'view formulas instead of values' is set...
ToolsOptions...ViewWindow Options
Check to see if 'Formulas' is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"jazzydwit" wrote:

Hi. Can someone tell me why I get the Vlookup formula in the cell I am
trying to pull data into? I tried copying and pasting data in new
workbook, but the formula still shows in the cell.
thanks. This is what shows in my cell after I perform the vlookup
process. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A2:B3197,1,false)
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nope, formula is not checked. Thanks, however.

Niek Otten wrote:
Format the cell as General and then re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jazzydwit" wrote in message ps.com...
| Hi. Can someone tell me why I get the Vlookup formula in the cell I am
| trying to pull data into? I tried copying and pasting data in new
| workbook, but the formula still shows in the cell.
| thanks. This is what shows in my cell after I perform the vlookup
| process. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A2:B3197,1,false)
| thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That did it! Thanks!!