Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unable to Evaluate Formula

Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only time I got a #Name? error was when I didn't have the analysis
toolpak enabled. Have you got the calculation set to automatic with TOOLS
- OPTION -Calculation

" wrote:

Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

I ran into the same thing using the NETWORKDAYS function a couple of years
ago and posted a similar question.

I don't know if I'd be able to find that thread but the most reasonable
explanation (not definitive) was that it's caused by having multiple
function calls to the ATP.

I use the evaluate formula command often on long complex formulas but you
can do (almost) the same thing by highlighting the expressions in the
formula bar and then pressing F9.

I'll see if I can find that thread.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<makes it harder to read.

And more difficult to use in a reply in the newsgroups

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Biff" wrote in message ...
| P.S.
|
| Off topic.....
|
| Anybody that goes to that link........
|
| How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
| highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
| harder to read.
|
| Biff
|
| "Biff" wrote in message
| Here's that thread:
|
| http://tinyurl.com/pps74
|
| Biff
|
| "Biff" wrote in message
| Hi!
|
| I ran into the same thing using the NETWORKDAYS function a couple of
| years ago and posted a similar question.
|
| I don't know if I'd be able to find that thread but the most reasonable
| explanation (not definitive) was that it's caused by having multiple
| function calls to the ATP.
|
| I use the evaluate formula command often on long complex formulas but you
| can do (almost) the same thing by highlighting the expressions in the
| formula bar and then pressing F9.
|
| I'll see if I can find that thread.
|
| Biff
|
| wrote in message
| oups.com...
| Hi:
|
| I am trying to evaluate the following formula
|
| =IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
| (EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))
|
| where
|
| LSDx = 9/1/06
| ASDx= 9/1/06
| LEDx= 8/31/08
|
| but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
| the value I expect which is 12.
|
| If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
| close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement
|
| Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
| have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.
|
| What am I doing wrong?
|
| Thx
|
| Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff:

Thank you for responding. Your experience was exactly the same as mine.
I think I will send this to the Micrsoft support folks and see what
they say.

I will let you know if I hear anything worthwhile.

Mike

Biff wrote:
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/mcfog

After finding correct post, click "Options" at the top.
Choose "Original"
then to return to the original format .click "Parsed",
Then copy *that* url to tinyurl.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, RD!

OK, that works and will help when linking to an individual post, but.......

How can you do that to the entire thread?

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/r98rz

Just click "Options" again and choose "View Thread",
And copy *that* url to tinyurl.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Very good. Thanks!

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My pleasure, though it doesn't come close to the number of formulas of yours
that I've copied without saying "thanks"!<g

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
Very good. Thanks!

Biff

-
--
-------------------

-
--
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread: