Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Unable to Evaluate Formula

Thanks, RD!

OK, that works and will help when linking to an individual post, but.......

How can you do that to the entire thread?

Biff

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/mcfog

After finding correct post, click "Options" at the top.
Choose "Original"
then to return to the original format .click "Parsed",
Then copy *that* url to tinyurl.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
P.S.

Off topic.....

Anybody that goes to that link........

How can I do Google searches without having all the search keywords
highlighted like they are in that link? All that highlighting makes it
harder to read.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Here's that thread:

http://tinyurl.com/pps74

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

I ran into the same thing using the NETWORKDAYS function a couple of
years ago and posted a similar question.

I don't know if I'd be able to find that thread but the most reasonable
explanation (not definitive) was that it's caused by having multiple
function calls to the ATP.

I use the evaluate formula command often on long complex formulas but
you
can do (almost) the same thing by highlighting the expressions in the
formula bar and then pressing F9.

I'll see if I can find that thread.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike