Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Unable to Evaluate Formula

The only time I got a #Name? error was when I didn't have the analysis
toolpak enabled. Have you got the calculation set to automatic with TOOLS
- OPTION -Calculation

" wrote:

Hi:

I am trying to evaluate the following formula

=IF(OR(LEDx<=ASDx,LSDx(EDATE(ASDx,12))),0,IF(AND( LSDx<=ASDx,LEDx
(EDATE(ASDx,11))),12))

where

LSDx = 9/1/06
ASDx= 9/1/06
LEDx= 8/31/08

but it returns a #Name?. However if I execute the formula it returns
the value I expect which is 12.

If I split the formula into the 2 IF statements (after adding in a
close paren) I can evaluate either IF statement

Since I am using EDATE, I have the Analysis ToolPak addin installed. I
have also tried loading and unloading it to make sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Mike