Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to find valuse in cells.

I have got a rota for bar staff, i want to put it in excel.

Day | Staff No. | Staff Name | Start Shift | Finish Shift | Hours |
Minutes |
Mon | 1 | John | 12:00 | 17:00 | 5
| 0 |
Wen | 2 | George | 12:00 | 17:30 | 5
| 30 |
Sat | 1 | John | 12:00 | 17:00 | 5
| 0 |

Imagine that there is about 20 lines with 10 employes working on
different days, then under that i wanted to put their name and how much
they earn.
They have got different rates.

i.e.
| Staff No. | Staff Name | Hours | Minutes | Rate | Wages |
| 1 | John | 10 | 0 | £8 |
£80 | ??????

What kind of function can i use to search my spreadsheet for hours only
for john, George etc.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards
Kodzirko

--
kodzirko
kodzirko's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your second table starts in row 27, where A27 = 1, B27=John,E27 =
rate, then

C27: =SUMIF($B$2:$B$20,$A27,F$2:F$30)
D27: =SUMIF($B$2:$B$20,$A27,G$2:G$30)
F27: =(C27+D27/60)*E27