Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

Hi

I need help in writing a formula in column D. I'd like to look up the city
and rate in column A & B; if the city matches to column C, then get the rate
or fill in the correct rate in column D. For example, the city of Agoura
Hills matches in column (C), therefore, the rate should be 8.25% in column (D)

Thanks
Soth

A(City) B (rate) C(City) D(Fill
in rate)

Acampo 7.750% Agoura Hills ( What is the formula here to
Acton 8.250% Thousand Oaks show 8.25% for Agoura Hills)
Adelaida 7.250% ALAMEDA
Agoura 8.250% BREA
Agoura Hills* 8.250% BRISBANE
Agua Caliente 7.750% BURBANK
Al Tahoe 7.250% CAMPBELL
Alameda* 8.750% CARLSBAD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

=vlookup(c2,a2,b1000,2,0)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Soth" escreveu:

Hi

I need help in writing a formula in column D. I'd like to look up the city
and rate in column A & B; if the city matches to column C, then get the rate
or fill in the correct rate in column D. For example, the city of Agoura
Hills matches in column (C), therefore, the rate should be 8.25% in column (D)

Thanks
Soth

A(City) B (rate) C(City) D(Fill
in rate)

Acampo 7.750% Agoura Hills ( What is the formula here to
Acton 8.250% Thousand Oaks show 8.25% for Agoura Hills)
Adelaida 7.250% ALAMEDA
Agoura 8.250% BREA
Agoura Hills* 8.250% BRISBANE
Agua Caliente 7.750% BURBANK
Al Tahoe 7.250% CAMPBELL
Alameda* 8.750% CARLSBAD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data is in A and B:

=VLOOKUP(C1,A:B,2)

Understand that
1) you need to formula column D to be in percentage format
and
2) the *s in Agoura Hills and Alameda will cause you problems

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558622