Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sigfreund

Default formula for entire colum

Sorry to have to ask such a basic question, but how do I apply a formula
to an entire colum? I want c3=c2+a3-b3, c4=c3+a4-b4, c5=c4+a5-b5, . .
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If you double-click on the little black square in the lower right hand corner
of your bottommost cell with the formula in it, it will copy itself down
column C as far as you have data in column B........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sigfreund" wrote:

Sorry to have to ask such a basic question, but how do I apply a formula
to an entire colum? I want c3=c2+a3-b3, c4=c3+a4-b4, c5=c4+a5-b5, . .
.
From what I read, any formula used 3 out of the last 5 times is suppose
to continue. I checked the options and the correct options are checked
in the edit pane.

--
sigfreund
sigfreund's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"sigfreund" wrote
in message ...

Sorry to have to ask such a basic question, but how do I apply a formula
to an entire colum? I want c3=c2+a3-b3, c4=c3+a4-b4, c5=c4+a5-b5, . .

Just copy & paste. Excel will increment the formula for each line.