Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Annette

Default Network days question

I used the formula =NETWORKDAYS(K15,L15) to determine the number of days
between two cells; however, one of my cells

1/16/06 1/16/06

reports the above as 1 and the following

7/1/06 7/1/06

reports the above as 0.

Why are they reporting difference - I checked to assure formatting is the
same. I want it to report one when there is only one day.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bondi

Annette wrote:
I used the formula =NETWORKDAYS(K15,L15) to determine the number of days
between two cells; however, one of my cells

1/16/06 1/16/06

reports the above as 1 and the following

7/1/06 7/1/06

reports the above as 0.

Why are they reporting difference - I checked to assure formatting is the
same. I want it to report one when there is only one day.

Thanks!

Hi Annette,

One guess would be that Saturday the 1st of July is not counted as a
workingday but Monday the 16th of Jan is.

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

That's because July 1, 2006, is a Saturday and NETWORKDAYS excludes
Saturdays and Sundays. Note that it can also exclude holidays, if you
want. See the help file. If don't want to exclude Saturdays and
Sundays, you could simply...

=L15-K15+1

....and format the cell as 'General'.

Hope this helps!