msnews.microsoft.com

Default Database Functions - question using formulas as criteria

Hi,

I've been trying to get my head around Database function in Excel.

I have a list of data, one of the fields is the number of days between two
dates. Using COUNTIF I'm able to provide a table of the distribution of
days - E.g. =COUNTIF(Days,C5) Where C5 contains the number of days I wish to
count on and "Days" is a column in my table.

However the problem with this is that it counts for all values in that
range. I have another field (named "Emptied") which contains a date. I'd
like to be able to provide the analysis based on the year of the rows
"Emptied" date. E.g. Instead of "count of number of days in "Days" range
which = X", I'd like "count number of days in "Days" range which = X and
which the year of the Emptied column = 2005."

I gather I need to DCOUNT but I'm a bit foxed as to how to achieve it...

Any pointers?

Kind thanks

Chris.