easygoer714

Default Database functions

how do i create formulas that follow a name on a different sheet. I want it
to find a name in a list on a seperate worksheet and perform the calculations
using values in set columns in the record. I a
easygoer714

"easygoer714" wrote:

how do i create formulas that follow a name on a different sheet. I want it
to find a name in a list on a seperate worksheet and perform the calculations
using values in set columns in the record. I also want these calculations to follow their set record even if that record moves. Also, the value i want it to look up in the seperate datasheet is in the datasheet i want the formulas in.

Frank Kabel

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give a more specific
example

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"easygoer714" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
how do i create formulas that follow a name on a different sheet. I want
it
to find a name in a list on a seperate worksheet and perform the
calculations
using values in set columns in the record. I a

easygoer714

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give a more specific
example

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"easygoer714" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
how do i create formulas that follow a name on a different sheet. I want
it
to find a name in a list on a seperate worksheet and perform the
calculations
using values in set columns in the record. I a

I am working on a workbook and i want to make a formula that will find someone's name in a worksheet and use the values in the same row in set columns to evaluate the formula. It will be nested with a countif function. I need it to use the values with the specified name even if the record on the other datasheet moves to a new row #.

JE McGimpsey

I'm not sure how you're nesting with COUNTIF(), but you can, if the name
is in the left-hand column of your lookup range, use VLOOKUP (else use
INDEX(MATCH()):

B1: =VLOOKUP($A1, Sheet2!A:F, 2, 0
C1: =VLOOKUP($A1, Sheet2!A:F, 3, 0)