Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alvin

Default How Do I find/replace a blank cell with a formula?

I am trying to repalce all blank cells with a formula but I cannot seem to
figure out how to enter the replace with my formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tim m

I just did a test and this worked:
- Hi-light the range of cells you want to find/replace.
- 'Edit'...'replace'...click on the replace tab. In the find window just
leave it blank, in the replace with window enter your formula. Click the
'options' button and check off the match entire cell contents box.
- Click the replace all button.

"Alvin" wrote:

I am trying to repalce all blank cells with a formula but I cannot seem to
figure out how to enter the replace with my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

See if this works for you:

Instead of Find/Replace....

Select the range containing the blank cells you want impacted
<edit<goto
Click the [special cells] button
Check: Blanks
Click the [OK] button

That will select the blank cells in that range.

Press the [F2] key to begin editing the active cell.
Enter the formula, being mindful of the workings of relative references

Then...Hold down the [ctrl] key and press [enter]
That will put the formula in each blank

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron