Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mindy

Default Deleting macros

Hi. Why would I not be able to delete macros? I am the administrator, but
when I click on the macros, the delete button is greyed out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Mindy
It may be because someone has protected the code. Do this.
Go to the VBE (Alt - F11)
Click on Tools - VBAProject Properties.
Select the Protection tab.
If the box for "Lock project for viewing" is checked, the macros are
protected.
If this is the case, you will have to find the password. If you cannot come
up with the password, post back. There are ways to find the password. HTH
Otto
"Mindy" wrote in message
Hi. Why would I not be able to delete macros? I am the administrator, but
when I click on the macros, the delete button is greyed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Mindy
Another possibility. Are you opening this file with macros disabled?
This will prevent you from deleting a macro.
If that's not so, read on.
Let's get specific. What steps are you going through to get to the
"macro" you are clicking on, like maybe Tools - Macro - Macros -click on the
macro name? What is the first line (the "Sub" line) of the macro?
Have you tried closing and reopening Excel and reopening that file?
Otto

"Mindy" wrote in message
Hi. Why would I not be able to delete macros? I am the administrator,
but
when I click on the macros, the delete button is greyed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Mindy
Is this happening with just this one file? Make up a dummy file and
write a small macro in it. Then save the file, close the file, open the
file and see if you can delete the macro. Otto