Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Silvie4

Default Networkdays formula

I added the Analysis Toolpak so I could get the =NETWORKDAYS formula. After
doing so, it still won't work. Any idea why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Just what do you mean by "won't work"?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Silvie4" wrote in message
I added the Analysis Toolpak so I could get the =NETWORKDAYS
formula. After
doing so, it still won't work. Any idea why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:54:01 -0700, Silvie4
wrote:

I added the Analysis Toolpak so I could get the =NETWORKDAYS formula. After
doing so, it still won't work. Any idea why?

What, exactly, did you do to "add the Analysis Toolpak"?
What, exactly, do you mean by "won't work"?
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

That description is, likewise, not particularly useful. There are different
ways for functions to give an incorrect or meaningless answer. A detailed
description of the result is useful so that those who try to help others don't
waste time exploring failure modes that do not relate to the poster's problem.

"won't work", for example, might mean one of several error messages is being
displayed; it might mean that the formula itself remains displayed; it might
mean that the result is incorrect; it might mean that the cell displays a
series of "#########"; etc.

Since each of these issues will have a different cause, your response does not
help at all to narrow down the problem. A response that is in keeping with
your description would be: "You did something wrong". Accurate, but useless.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:10:01 -0700, Marcelo
wrote:

maybe "doesn't work"