Zubair

Default Save as or export with values only

Hi all,
I have an xls sheet containing formula (sql.request). After running the
macros i get all the values in xls. how can save as this file to reflect only
the values keeeping the same format like borders colors etc.
thanks in advance.
Zubair

Norman Jones

Hi Zubair,

Ctrl-A (Twice in xl2003) to select all cells
Edit | Copy
Edit | PasteSpecial | Values | OK | Esc
Click any cell .

---
Regards,
Norman

"Zubair" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have an xls sheet containing formula (sql.request). After running the
macros i get all the values in xls. how can save as this file to reflect
only
the values keeeping the same format like borders colors etc.
thanks in advance.
Zubair

Zubair

Hi norman,
this way i get the values but i loose all my border wieght , colors etc.
i need to maintain the same format so that the look of the sheets doesnt
change.
remember i will copy the values in a blank xls sheet.
thanks
Zubair

"Zubair" wrote:

Hi all,
I have an xls sheet containing formula (sql.request). After running the
macros i get all the values in xls. how can save as this file to reflect only
the values keeeping the same format like borders colors etc.
thanks in advance.
Zubair

Norman Jones

Hi Zubair,

If you are copying to another sheet, do a second copy/pastespecial
operation, using the format option instead of the value option.

Alternatively, rather than copy/pastespecial ops

Right-click the sheet tab | "Move or Copy" | Select the "Create Copy"
option

---
Regards,
Norman