Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joao Saraiva

Default Modify database

Good night !

I wonder if someone can help me or to tell me how to do this operation

- I have a database in excl where the basic product definition and
its features can be found in column A and the different products in stock
can be found in the following columns.

- The database is reasonably big (80 rows corresponding to the
different features describing the product and 70 columns corresponding to
the products in stock

- I would like to modify the database (without new data entry !) in
a way where the information is presented the other way around i.e. each row
corresponds to one product and each immediate following cell on the right
contains one of the product features.

I hope I managed to make myself clear.

I was hoping to get the help of some excel expert in the group . I only know
the basic functions !

Many thanks

JS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

just to sure if my understand is correct Joao,

Column A B C D...
Tires 175/70/13 185/70/14 225/95/21

is something like that you have?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joao Saraiva

The database looks like this

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C .......

Product ABC DEF
Manufacturer B&Co B&Co
Price 100 120
Production time 10 14

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

ok, and you are looking for something like this?

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C COLUMN D
Product Manufacturer Price prod
time
ABC B&Co 100 10

Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

yes,

Just select the range (80rows and 70 Cols)

COPY
PASTE SPECIAL (I suggest to do it in another sheet to preserv the original
data)

on the PASTE SPECIAL BOX, chek TRANSPOSE

regards
Marcelo

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

Exactly ! Is it possible to do ?

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joao Saraiva

Thanks ... it worked perfectly !

"Marcelo" wrote in message
yes,

Just select the range (80rows and 70 Cols)

COPY
PASTE SPECIAL (I suggest to do it in another sheet to preserv the original
data)

on the PASTE SPECIAL BOX, chek TRANSPOSE

regards
Marcelo

"Joao Saraiva" escreveu:

Exactly ! Is it possible to do ?