Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chesjak

Default Auto dates

Hi
I want to be able to type a date in on cell and then drag across a number
of cells to automatically put the sequential dates in the following cells.

I know haw to do this if it was just to fill in each day but I want to put
the date of a Monday and then auto infill the following cells with each
following Mondays date.

eg date cell 1a with 5/06/2006 and then drag across the page to infill the
next cell with 12/06/2006 and the next cell with 19/06/2006 and so on.

Is this possible or am I asking to much of Excel XP pro 2002

Any help would be apreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

chesjak:

With
A1: (a date)

Try one of these approaches:

B1: =A1+7
Copy B1 across as far as you need

OR
Select from A1 across or down as far as you need...then...
From the Excel main menu:
<edit<fill<series
Check: linear
Step Value: 7
Click the [OK] button

OR
B1: (a date...the next Monday after the A1 value)
Select A1:B1
Click on the B1 fill handle (in bottom right of the cell)
Drag across as far as you need

Format the cells as dates, if they aren't already.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP