Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobS9895

Default why wont my formulas copy all the way down my excel spreadsheet???

I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

Bob,

What is your starting formula look like?
Maybe you need an absolute $A$1 to start with...

Beege

"BobS9895" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

I was trying to say that it would be helpful to post the formula. We have a
very good forum here and try to help whenever possible. However, mind
reading is in a different forum.
Useful answers come with useful descriptions of the problem. Also, please
keep your replies, even if vitriolic, in the ng so all will benefit from
your comments.

I have taken the liberty of posting your comment to me in the ng.

So nice of you to show us all how dumb we really are! This is a free
forum. If you find the information insufficient, feel free not to
respond. Do not presume to show us the error of our ways, or if you do,
at least have the courtesy of providing some sort of useful answer to
the original question. We might not all be as savvy as you in writing
our messages. No need for sarcasm.

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BobS9895" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

I didn't realise there was a mind-reading forum, Don - maybe I should
give that a try now and then! <g

Hopefully the OP will give us his formula, rather than just moan to you
about sarcasm.

Pete

Don Guillett wrote:
[...]

"BobS9895" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Solving my client's problems would be so much easier if I could only learn
to read minds. If you find this forum, please advise.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

oups.com...

Don Guillett wrote:
[...]

"BobS9895" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobS9895

Here's the formula guys. Sorry I didnt include it earlier - I didnt
think it would really mattered. Guess I was wrong. Here is the
formula in cell B192. It is adding up the same cells from 15 different
files:

=+'[2005_steel_actual.xls]fs ytd'!B192+'[2005_bmnt_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_burn_actual.xls]fs ytd'!B192+'[2005_ffv_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_fab_actual.xls]fs ytd'!B192+'[2005_scrap_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_rack_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_lewis_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_santon_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_rackfab_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_corp_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_ovrhd_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_gbpm_actual.xls]fs ytd'!B192+'[2005_bps_actual.xls]fs
ytd'!B192+'[2005_slitter_actual.xls]fs ytd'!B192

Like I said before, it works fine copying the formula down for 250 rows
or so. But then when I get to row 306, it just stops working. I
havent done anything different when copying the formula, other than
skipping the rows in between the two rows mentioned.

Any ideas on what Im doing wrong?

Don Guillett wrote:
Solving my client's problems would be so much easier if I could only learn
to read minds. If you find this forum, please advise.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

oups.com...

Don Guillett wrote:
[...]

"BobS9895" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am copying down a formula on my worksheet. What the formula does is
add the cells from 10 different worksheets. The formula and everything
works fine for 252 lines. However starting with line around 306 (no
information in those rows) the formula no longer adds up the cells. I
only get 0 values.

Why is it doing this????? I'm going nuts trying to get it to work!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobS9895

Oh, and one more thing Don.....Im not sure if I understand your other
comments, but if you think it was I who sent you the sarcastic email,
that is incorrect. I did not send that.

Don Guillett wrote:
Solving my client's problems would be so much easier if I could only learn
to read minds. If you find this forum, please advise.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

oups.com...

[...]