tjh

Default Lookup

Hello,

Is there a way to use a lookup function to another Excel File. I use
Vlookups and Hlookups in a single workbook, often. Is there a similar
function that allows the ability to lookup to another file. My basic problem
is: I need to pull the total values of one file into another, but the total
rows will change and move down the page as new line items are added. This
causes a problem if I just do a basic "=" formula to the other file.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Peo Sjoblom

Yes, both h and vlookup will work with other files that are closed, it's
easier to open the other files when you build the formula since you can just
use the mouse
and click, then you can close the files with the tables and Excel will
automatically return the full path, example formula when the table workbook
is open

=VLOOKUP(A1,[Telephones.xls]Phones!$A$2:$B$36,2,0)

then when I close the telephones file

=VLOOKUP(A1,'C:\Documents and Settings\Peo Sjoblom\My Documents\Excel
Documents\[Telephones.xls]Phones'!$A$2:$B$36,2,0)

but it still works so if you change the lookup value in A1 it will return a
value if it finds a match

Peo Sjoblom