Carole O

Default Index table lookup anomaly

I have a spreadsheet with a table lookup. This is the formula I use:
=INDEX('PRODUCT TABLE'!$E$2:$M$146,MATCH(L23,'PRODUCT TABLE'!$E$2:$E$145,0),9)

It returns a correct response (or 0) for every lookup except MR! If I
change the L23 cell to MP I get the correct response for MP. If I change it
back to MR, I get #N/A. I have changed the Product Table cells for MR -
brought the cell above (MP) down to the MR cell and changed it to MR, added
and deleted the other lookup fields in the table hoping to get a response -
nothing. I've deleted the MR rows and added them back in - nothing.

Any ideas besides changing the MR code to something else? I don't want to
do that since the MR is the logical code to use.

Thanks,

Carole O
Frank Kabel

Hi
and there're no blanks in your lookup table for the 'MR' value?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Carole O" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Carole O

Thanks Frank for your help. Here is part of the table I'm using (it
stretches to one row (A - M)
CODE CATEGORY PPR DESCRIPTION PC COLOR/SIDE Press Sheet
Size STOCK BLEED UP # ITEMS BINDERY IND STD SHEETS/PKG UNIT
CAT 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CORP 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CUST 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CAT 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR
CORP 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR
CUST 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Carole O

Hi, Frank -

Here's an update. I inserted 3 lines above MP, moved MP to the new lines,
re-entered MR, and deleted the MR lines. Guess what - it works!! There must
have been an unprintable character in those lines.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Carole

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi