Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Natalie

Default Sum total from other worksheets

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Assuming the Overnight tab columns are in A:D

In the summary sheet

=SUMPRODUCT((C1:C1000="S4 Test")*D1:D1000)

Just change the ="S4 Test" to ="S3 Test" for that total.

or you can use SUMIF

=SUMIF(C1:C1000,"S4 Test",D1:D1000)

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Natalie,

Try to use COUNTIF as

countif(range;creteria)

regards

Marcelo from Brazil

"Natalie" escreveu:

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

What does S4Test and S3Test refer to? If it is values just use

=SUMIF(Summary'!C:C,"S4Test",Summary!D:D)+SUMIF('O vernight test
results'!C:C,"S4Test",'Overnight test results'!D:D)

for S4Test

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Natalie" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and

test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary

sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not

sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Natalie

Thank you so much Steve.
The SumIf function worked great.
These forums are so helpful!!!

"SteveG" wrote:

Assuming the Overnight tab columns are in A:D

In the summary sheet

=SUMPRODUCT((C1:C1000="S4 Test")*D1:D1000)

Just change the ="S4 Test" to ="S3 Test" for that total.

or you can use SUMIF

=SUMIF(C1:C1000,"S4 Test",D1:D1000)

HTH

Steve