-   -   Sum total from other worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/89914-sum-total-other-worksheets.html)

Natalie

Sum total from other worksheets

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie

SteveG

Sum total from other worksheets

Assuming the Overnight tab columns are in A:D

In the summary sheet

=SUMPRODUCT((C1:C1000="S4 Test")*D1:D1000)

Just change the ="S4 Test" to ="S3 Test" for that total.

or you can use SUMIF

=SUMIF(C1:C1000,"S4 Test",D1:D1000)

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Marcelo

Sum total from other worksheets

Natalie,

Try to use COUNTIF as

countif(range;creteria)

regards

Marcelo from Brazil

"Natalie" escreveu:

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie

Bob Phillips

Sum total from other worksheets

What does S4Test and S3Test refer to? If it is values just use

=SUMIF(Summary'!C:C,"S4Test",Summary!D:D)+SUMIF('O vernight test
results'!C:C,"S4Test",'Overnight test results'!D:D)

for S4Test

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Natalie" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that has tabs "Summary" and Overnight test results".
Under the overnight test results I have columns: date, unit, test, and

test
cycles. I am using test names S4 Test and S3 Test. I want the summary

sheet
to show how many total cycles the S4 test and the S3 test ran. I'm not

sure
what formula I should use to get this total. TIA
Natalie

Natalie

Sum total from other worksheets

Thank you so much Steve.
The SumIf function worked great.
These forums are so helpful!!!

"SteveG" wrote:

Assuming the Overnight tab columns are in A:D

In the summary sheet

=SUMPRODUCT((C1:C1000="S4 Test")*D1:D1000)

Just change the ="S4 Test" to ="S3 Test" for that total.

or you can use SUMIF

=SUMIF(C1:C1000,"S4 Test",D1:D1000)

HTH

Steve