Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dolfijntje33

Default How to link data from one drop-down list to another

Hi,

I Excel 2003 I have 3 drop-down lists.
In list one is 1,2,3.
In list 2 it is A,B,C.
In list three it is $,€,*.

Which function do I need to link 1 (from list one), to B (in list two),
to $ (in list three). So if I select 1 in list one B will automtically
appear in list two and $ automatically in list three.

Can anyone help me to solve this?

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34593

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dolfijntje33"
wrote in message
news:dolfijntje33.281umm_1148033405.9719@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi,

I Excel 2003 I have 3 drop-down lists.
In list one is 1,2,3.
In list 2 it is A,B,C.
In list three it is $,?,*.

Which function do I need to link 1 (from list one), to B (in list two),
to $ (in list three). So if I select 1 in list one B will automtically
appear in list two and $ automatically in list three.

Can anyone help me to solve this?

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543659

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dolfijntje33

I already seen that solution. Unfortunatly that is nog what I mean. In
that example you still need to make a selection in list 2 and/or 3. In
my case I want to make a selection in list one and that list 2 and list
3 automatically sets the value that was give to the list item selected
in list one.
So...
If in list one "1" is selected, in list 2 and 3 automatically the
values B and $ will appear without having to use the drop-down list
there.

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34593
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543659

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You would need VBA for that, and your lists would have to be in ranges. Is
that the case for you?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dolfijntje33"
wrote in message
news:dolfijntje33.281zho_1148039705.2035@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I already seen that solution. Unfortunatly that is nog what I mean. In
that example you still need to make a selection in list 2 and/or 3. In
my case I want to make a selection in list one and that list 2 and list
3 automatically sets the value that was give to the list item selected
in list one.
So...
If in list one "1" is selected, in list 2 and 3 automatically the
values B and $ will appear without having to use the drop-down list
there.

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543659

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Here is an example of the code in such a case

Option Explicit

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Address = "$A$1" Then
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Application.Index(Range("List2"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List1"), 0))
.Offset(0, 2).Value = Application.Index(Range("List3"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List1"), 0))
ElseIf .Address = "$B$1" Then
.Offset(0, -1).Value = Application.Index(Range("List1"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List2"), 0))
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Application.Index(Range("List3"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List2"), 0))
ElseIf .Address = "$C$1" Then
.Offset(0, -2).Value = Application.Index(Range("List1"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List3"), 0))
.Offset(0, -1).Value = Application.Index(Range("List2"), _
Application.Match(.Value, Range("List3"), 0))
End If
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
news:dolfijntje33.281zho_1148039705.2035@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I already seen that solution. Unfortunatly that is nog what I mean. In
that example you still need to make a selection in list 2 and/or 3. In
my case I want to make a selection in list one and that list 2 and list
3 automatically sets the value that was give to the list item selected
in list one.
So...
If in list one "1" is selected, in list 2 and 3 automatically the
values B and $ will appear without having to use the drop-down list
there.

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dolfijntje33

If this example code is correct as I cannot read VBA script.:-(

--
dolfijntje33
dolfijntje33's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34593
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543659

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

If you name the lists as List1, List2, and List3 and the DV is in A1, B1 and
C1, then yes.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips