Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee S

Default HOW DO I FORMAT WORKSHEETS IN A WORKBOOK TO NUMBER IN A SEQUENCE?

I am trying to get my worksheets to either number a specific cell in each
worksheet in sequence or display the sheet name and I will rename the sheets
in a sequence.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

To get the sheet name:

The file must already exist. In other words, it must have already been
created and saved.

Group all the sheets together that you want to do this to.

Enter this formula in the cell where you want the name to appear:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

Ungroup the sheets.

Biff