Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default HOW DO I FORMAT WORKSHEETS IN A WORKBOOK TO NUMBER IN A SEQUENCE?

Hi!

To get the sheet name:

The file must already exist. In other words, it must have already been
created and saved.

Group all the sheets together that you want to do this to.

Enter this formula in the cell where you want the name to appear:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

Ungroup the sheets.

Biff

"Lee S" <Lee wrote in message
I am trying to get my worksheets to either number a specific cell in each
worksheet in sequence or display the sheet name and I will rename the
sheets
in a sequence.