Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mimi

Default Right-click inside of a cell

I can't right-click inside of a specific cell anymore so that I can format.
I can highlight an entire column and right-click and it gives me all the
format options then, but it won't work if I just right-click to a specific
cell. can anyone help?
P.S. Already tried the EDIT tab under TOOLS-OPTIONS and the "edit directly
in cell" box is already checked.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If the trouble is just with this one file, (or others like it), then try
opening it with Macros disabled.....you may have a "before right-click" macro
coming in to play.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mimi" wrote:

I can't right-click inside of a specific cell anymore so that I can format.
I can highlight an entire column and right-click and it gives me all the
format options then, but it won't work if I just right-click to a specific
cell. can anyone help?
P.S. Already tried the EDIT tab under TOOLS-OPTIONS and the "edit directly
in cell" box is already checked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If there were no macros in the file, then what I suggested was not the
problem......it may be your install of Excel had gotten corrupt. Try opening
the file on someone else's computer and if it's ok there then the problem is
for sure in your computer.......maybe have to re-install Excel.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3