Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

Default How do I make hyperlinks?

I have one coulumn that has the url. I have another column that has the
name I want to hyperlink to. In the end, I want a columm that has the
name made into a hyperlink. Please help. I'm going crazy!

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChuckF

The cell where you want your hyperlink to appear right click and hit
Hyperlink. On the top you will see a dialog box that says "Text to
display" enter what you want the link to say, then on the bottom where
it says "address" that's where you want the link to go, url or internal
link to another document.

You can also use the buttons on the left to take the cursor to a
particular cell (Place in this document) and all kinds of other fun
things.

Anyway...hth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

That is great. Problem is, I have about 30,000 lines to do. That might
take a while to write each one. I'm looking for a formula that will
combine the text in one column with the url in another and then drag
that formula down through the 30,000 lines.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541294

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

I'm thinking that it will need perhaps some variation of one of the
below formulas:

=hyperlink(concatenate("b12785,Q12785))

=hyperlink (B12785,Q12785)

But I haven't got it to work yet.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541294

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

The second one is correct

=HYPERLINK(A2,B2)

with the URL in A2 and the name in B2

will return the name as a link to the URL

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"johnnstacy" wrote
in message ...