Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Default How can I change the color of the comment indicators?

Does anyone know how I can change the color of the comment indicators in an
Excel spreadsheet so I can tell who wrote the comment. This would help me and
my secretary to be able to do our work and be able to tell who's comment it
is. We are in different lacation and can't always talk to each other on the
spur of the moment. If we can change the color of the comment indicator then
it would be simple to be able to see at a glance who's comment it is.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carim

Hi,

With Edit Comment then right click mouse to format comment and you will
be able to change shapes, colors, etc ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Thank you to my savior. I'll try it now. I figured that there should be an
easy solution.

Thaks again
Clay

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

With Edit Comment then right click mouse to format comment and you will
be able to change shapes, colors, etc ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Hi,

I just tried formatting the comment and I was able to change the background
color, test color and the line color. But I wasn't able to change the comment
indicator color. Do you have any other ideas?

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

With Edit Comment then right click mouse to format comment and you will
be able to change shapes, colors, etc ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

I just did a search on google groups for this, and apparently it is not
possible.

--
Kevin Vaughn

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

With Edit Comment then right click mouse to format comment and you will
be able to change shapes, colors, etc ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

From: David McRitchie - view profile
Date: Thurs, Oct 21 2004 7:29 pm
Email: "David McRitchie"
Groups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hi Sue,
Actually there was an earlier use of a triangle shape overlaying
the cell comment to change the apparent color, you might want to
check out both threads instead of just one of them.

Cell Comment indicator triangle, change color of, Stratos Malasiotis,
2000-07-08
http://google.com/groups?threadm=396...arwick.ac. uk

Also check out another macro doing same thing, mainly by Dave Peterson,
2003-04-25,
http://google.com/groups?threadm=eJu...GP10.phx .gbl

---
HTH,

Kevin Vaughn

"azveteran" wrote:

Does anyone know how I can change the color of the comment indicators in an
Excel spreadsheet so I can tell who wrote the comment. This would help me and
my secretary to be able to do our work and be able to tell who's comment it
is. We are in different lacation and can't always talk to each other on the
spur of the moment. If we can change the color of the comment indicator then
it would be simple to be able to see at a glance who's comment it is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Thank You Kevin, It sounds like it has possiblities.

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

You're welcome. Good luck.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Desert Piranha

azveteran Wrote:
Does anyone know how I can change the color of the comment indicators in
an
Excel spreadsheet so I can tell who wrote the comment. This would help
me and
my secretary to be able to do our work and be able to tell who's
comment it
is. We are in different lacation and can't always talk to each other on
the
spur of the moment. If we can change the color of the comment indicator
then
it would be simple to be able to see at a glance who's comment it is.

Hi azveteran,

May be something here that will help you.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Hi Kevin or anyone else who can help me.

I've been tryint to use the information that you and Desert Piranha provided
but it apears that I need to know VB. I don't. Can you please help me by
explaining how I ca apply this information you have provided? Your help is
greatly appriciated.

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

You're welcome. Good luck.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Hi Kevin,

I just figured ot out. All I had to do was run a macro. This is the solution
that I was looking for.
Thank you

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

I just took a quick look at it. It appears you would copy the code to a VBE
module (Alt-F11,) and run that macro. I don't know if there's anything else
to it, so you may want to post your question to the programming forum along
with the links you have been provided and ask for help there.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"azveteran" wrote:

Hi Kevin or anyone else who can help me.

I've been tryint to use the information that you and Desert Piranha provided
but it apears that I need to know VB. I don't. Can you please help me by
explaining how I ca apply this information you have provided? Your help is
greatly appriciated.

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

You're welcome. Good luck.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azveteran

Hi Kevin,

Thank you again. You have been a real help. I have pasted the BVE code into
a BV project module. It does work but i still have to be carefull because I
lost the Excel workbook. Thank God that I make backup copies. But the Module
path got messed up and I had to use the backup. The workbook wouldn't work
properly. This is probably my fault. I will present this to the programming
department.

FYI-This is the link you provided that helped me the most,
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1264f6c3d7fe07

Thank you again.
Clay

"azveteran" wrote:

Hi Kevin or anyone else who can help me.

I've been tryint to use the information that you and Desert Piranha provided
but it apears that I need to know VB. I don't. Can you please help me by
explaining how I ca apply this information you have provided? Your help is
greatly appriciated.

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

You're welcome. Good luck.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Both people at that link are regular posters, so you will probably get the
help you need. Again, good luck.

--
Kevin Vaughn

"azveteran" wrote:

Hi Kevin or anyone else who can help me.

I've been tryint to use the information that you and Desert Piranha provided
but it apears that I need to know VB. I don't. Can you please help me by
explaining how I ca apply this information you have provided? Your help is
greatly appriciated.

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

You're welcome. Good luck.
--