Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
skoag

Default In Excel why does the date I enter automatically change by 1 day?

When I drag a date to the line below, it automatically adds 1 day to the
date. Also when I drag ticcker symbol NOV, it changes it to DEC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

In both cases, to prevent the autofill...

Hold down the [Ctrl] key when you drag the fill handle of the source cell.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro