zoemcb

Default How do I stop excel automatically changing my date to 2005?

How can I stop excel from changing a date that I type (i.e 2007) back to
2005? I need the date to be in the future! But I can't figure out how to stop
it from changing to 2005. Please help.
Max

Enter the full date, inclusive of the year,
e.g.: enter in A1: 02-Apr-2007, instead of just: 02-Apr
Then format the cell to display the way you want
(Format Cells Date Choose a type)
--
Rgds
Max
"zoemcb" wrote in message
How can I stop excel from changing a date that I type (i.e 2007) back to
2005? I need the date to be in the future! But I can't figure out how to

stop
it from changing to 2005. Please help.

Gord Dibben

You sure you are typing as Bernie suggests and it turns to 2005?

i.e. 2/23/2007 or 23/2/2007

If a cell is formatted as date and you enter just 2007 you will get

June 29,1905

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"zoemcb" wrote in message
How can I stop excel from changing a date that I type (i.e 2007) back to
2005? I need the date to be in the future! But I can't figure out how to

stop
it from changing to 2005. Please help.

Gord Dibben

Sorry about that Max. Don't know where I got Bernie from.

Gord

zoemcb

4/29/07 should work.

Can't say what the problem is.

ToolsAutoCorrect Options? Anyitem there that may cause it?

Does it happen on only one workbook/worksheet or all?

If just one, could be some code behind a sheet or thisworkbook.

How about Windows Regional Settings.

Anything there that could cause this phenomenon?

Gord

"zoemcb" wrote in message
How can I stop excel from changing a date that I type (i.e 2007) back to
2005? I need the date to be in the future! But I can't figure out how to
stop
it from changing to 2005. Please help.

Max

"Gord Dibben" wrote
Sorry about that Max. Don't know where I got Bernie from.

No prob, Gord <bg. Thanks for helping out !
--
Rgds
Max