Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EricHiew

Default Trying to do a auto number generater

Hi, i've tried to do it, search through books and URL but couldn't find the
answer. Hope you guys can help.

I need to print labels to stick onto my packaging.

The conventional way is to have 4 labels in 1 sheet, then i print out 100
sheets and cut them out to make 400 labels and i have to write the number
from 1 to 400. It's very time consuming.

I was thinking is it possible to do it in excel such that i only have 1
label, then enter some formula, and when i print, it will auto print out the
quantity and the running number for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Hi Eric,

Try this solution:

Create a workbook with 2 sheets!
On Sheet1

A B
1 Start with: Enter here the number you want to start numbering
with
2 No of Labels: Enter here the number of labels you want to print

On sheet2

A1 blank B1 = A1+1
A2 = B1+1 B2 = A2+1

Resize these 4 cells to fill a page, format them as you like,

Apply this macro:

Sub LabelPrint()
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
For p = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") To Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") +
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2") - 1 Step 4
Range("A1") = p
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Next p
End Sub

Assign a hot key to the macro in Tools/Macros/Others(bottom push button)!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛EricHiew€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi, i've tried to do it, search through books and URL but couldn't find the
answer. Hope you guys can help.

I need to print labels to stick onto my packaging.

The conventional way is to have 4 labels in 1 sheet, then i print out 100
sheets and cut them out to make 400 labels and i have to write the number
from 1 to 400. It's very time consuming.

I was thinking is it possible to do it in excel such that i only have 1
label, then enter some formula, and when i print, it will auto print out the
quantity and the running number for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EricHiew

Hi Stefi

Had been spending sometimes to figure out your solution.
Manage understand and print out the labels the way i want it to print.
Thanks a million.

Cheers~~