Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
eschaet

Default Find all numbers in database that end in...

I have a database of numbers. I would like to be able to find all of
the numbers within the database (or range) that end in .00. I may also
need to find all numbers ending in 00.00 (example: 5,400, 600, 72,300).
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

--
eschaet
eschaet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33924

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

end in .00
ending in 00.00
(example: 5,400, 600, 72,300)

Based on your example how many meet either criteria? I don't see any!

Biff

"eschaet" wrote in
message ...

I have a database of numbers. I would like to be able to find all of
the numbers within the database (or range) that end in .00. I may also
need to find all numbers ending in 00.00 (example: 5,400, 600, 72,300).
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

--
eschaet
eschaet's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
eschaet

I have several columns of numbers. Some number have value beyond the
decimal point. Some numbers do not (ex: 725.75 or 725.00). I would
like to be able to locate all numbers with a .00 value.

Thanks

--
eschaet
eschaet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33924
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Ok.....

If you enter a number into a cell: 725.00

Excel, will by default, truncate the number to 725 and drop the 0's. So, the
only way** you can have a cell DISPLAY as 725.00 is to format that cell as
number and set the decimal places. However, that format is for DISPLAY
purposes only. The true underlying value of the cell is still only 725 and
not 725.00.

Here's how you can find these numbers in your list.

Assume the list is in the range A1:D10.
Select that range.
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Select Formula Is from the drop list.
Enter this formula in the little box to the right:

=MOD(A1,1)=0

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired (maybe a yellow background color)
OK out.

** you can also accomplish this using a formula like =TEXT(A1,"0.00")

Biff

"eschaet" wrote in
message ...