Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Find all numbers in database that end in...

Ok.....

If you enter a number into a cell: 725.00

Excel, will by default, truncate the number to 725 and drop the 0's. So, the
only way** you can have a cell DISPLAY as 725.00 is to format that cell as
number and set the decimal places. However, that format is for DISPLAY
purposes only. The true underlying value of the cell is still only 725 and
not 725.00.

Here's how you can find these numbers in your list.

Assume the list is in the range A1:D10.
Select that range.
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Select Formula Is from the drop list.
Enter this formula in the little box to the right:

=MOD(A1,1)=0

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired (maybe a yellow background color)
OK out.

** you can also accomplish this using a formula like =TEXT(A1,"0.00")

Biff

"eschaet" wrote in
message ...

I have several columns of numbers. Some number have value beyond the
decimal point. Some numbers do not (ex: 725.75 or 725.00). I would
like to be able to locate all numbers with a .00 value.

Thanks

--
eschaet
eschaet's Profile: