Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ima Bee Ginner

Default How can I find duplicate numbers within a column?

Example....a column with 700 numbers of which 4 may be the same number. I
could sort the numbers and scroll down to see which numbers are exactly
alike, but would rather Excel some how hi-light or find the numbers for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

Assuming your list is in A1:A100, with A1 as the Heading: NumVal

C1: Test
C2: =COUNTIF(A2:A100,A2)1

D1: NumVal (the same col heading as A1)

Select your list (A1:A100)
DataFilterAdvanced Filter
List Range: (already selected)
Criteria Range: C1:C2

To filter in place: just click the [OK] button and you'll see the duplicates

To copy the duplicates to another area:
After setting the criteria
Click: Copy to another location
Copy to: D1 (which contains the col heading NumVal)
Check: Unique Records
Click the [OK] button and the list of unique duplicated items will display
under D1.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron