Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ibbm

Default How to display a numeric field showing all 5 characters.

I want to enter my UPC codes in worksheet. This is a 5 character cell. I
want this to show the zeroes in front of the number such as 00001. I only
want it for this one cell though, not the rest of the cells.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Lincoln

Format the cell as Text. Then anything entered in the cell will
display as typed.

Or use the custom format 00000 if the number must remain as a number.

Since it's a 5-digit code, you could also use the ZIP Code format under
Special in the Format list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ibbm

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

Format the cell as Text. Then anything entered in the cell will
display as typed.

Or use the custom format 00000 if the number must remain as a number.

Since it's a 5-digit code, you could also use the ZIP Code format under

great thanks
Special in the Format list.