Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paulymon

Default Optimal material layout

I have a roll of paper that has to be slit into 3 different widths, may be
more than one lane of each width. Lets say 5", 10" and 15".
I need to decide the best layout of the slitters that will be slitting this
parent roll to ensure the least amount of waste.
Is there a formula that I could use to figure the optimal layout or is this
something that I'll just have to figure manually.
At this time the width of the paper could be ordered around 48" total width
but could go +/- a few inches either way to accomodate optimal slitting.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Try the free trial of CutListPlus.

A non-Excel application that optimizes cutting layouts.

http://cutlistplus.com/Default.aspx

Trial is functional enough for your purposes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP