Jamie Furlong

Default Application to turn a table layout webpage back into a spreadsheet?

For example:
I need to turn this:
http://www.jangro.net/productgroups....&SubCatID=2011
back into a database, or spreadsheet anyway! Any ideas?
("all in one" page of all products has been provided for me).
I've tried various suggestions and methods such as copy/paste into word or
excel, but the layout doesn't seem to suit that.

I have been given a catalogue of products in Excel, but the layout is such
that unless I can find a way of using some kind of logic, function or macro
I'm stuck, but that question is so different I'm going to put it into a new
post...

Anne Troy

The link doesn't work...?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jamie Furlong" wrote in message
For example:
I need to turn this:
http://www.jangro.net/productgroups....&SubCatID=2011
back into a database, or spreadsheet anyway! Any ideas?
("all in one" page of all products has been provided for me).
I've tried various suggestions and methods such as copy/paste into word or
excel, but the layout doesn't seem to suit that.

I have been given a catalogue of products in Excel, but the layout is such
that unless I can find a way of using some kind of logic, function or
macro I'm stuck, but that question is so different I'm going to put it
into a new post...

Jamie Furlong

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
The link doesn't work...?
************

Argh! Somehow part of the link URL has got turned to dots!
Sorry - try this one:
http://www.jangro.net/productgroups....&SubCatID=2040
Just to add to the joy, note that some products have little blue buttons
marked COSHH - it'd be good to include these, too.

"Jamie Furlong" wrote in message
For example:
I need to turn this:
http://www.jangro.net/productgroups....&SubCatID=2011
back into a database, or spreadsheet anyway! Any ideas?
("all in one" page of all products has been provided for me).
I've tried various suggestions and methods such as copy/paste into word
or excel, but the layout doesn't seem to suit that.

I have been given a catalogue of products in Excel, but the layout is
such that unless I can find a way of using some kind of logic, function
or macro I'm stuck, but that question is so different I'm going to put it
into a new post...

Michael

Hi Jamie. I visited the site, selected all the items and copy-pasted them
into Word. They came in as a table. I selected the entire table and went to
TableConvertConvert to Text. I then selected all the information and copy
- pasted it into Excel 2003. I then deleted the pictures. All the data
remained in Column A.

With the information in this format, it would be easy to use EditPaste
SpecialTranspose to distribute the data into columns. Put data labels in
Row 1, starting in Column B. Start pasting in Row 2, Column B. When
finished, you can Delete Column A.

You could also record a macro to do this because each product information
block is 5 Rows long. In the macro, after you paste special in row 2, insert
a row so that Row 2 will be blank. That way the macro would always paste
into Row 2.

The COSHH buttons are objects and will need to be moved manually.

HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Jamie Furlong" wrote: