Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheikh Saadi

Default How to convert Email into Mailto Email Addresses

Hi All,

I am facing a problem. I have a list of around 700 email addresses, in which
some are hyperlinked (mailto) and some are not. Now I wanted to know that is
there any function or any way to convert all of them into Mailto Hyperlinks
that when someone clicks on them links are opened into Outlook or any email
application.
--
Sheikh Saadi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi Sheikh

You can run this macro for column B

Sub test()
Dim mycell As Range
For Each mycell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstant s)
If mycell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=mycell, _
Address:="mailto:" & mycell.Value, TextToDisplay:=mycell.Value
End If
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl