Almamba

Default Using CONCATENATE function to create email addresses from a list

I have been creating email addresses, the ID portion of which is formed from
. First letter of the first name, plus the
. First three letters of the last name, plus the
. Last four digits of social security number
Then I add @nsu.edu to complete the email address. I have been using the
CONCATENATE function in Excel 2000. For example, I enter

=CONCATENATE("A", "Jac". 8344, "@", "nsu.edu"), which gives the
email address
I have been doing it one email address at a time. Is there any way of doing
it faster? I have tried the AUtoFill and the Format Painter features without
success.
Last names, first names, and social security numbers occupy contiguous
columns.

I will appreciate your help. Thanks.

Ragdyer

Column A = Last name
Column B = First name
Column C = S/S num

Enter this in D2 and copy down as needed:

=LEFT(B2)&LEFT(A2,3)&RIGHT(C2,4)&"@nsu:edu"
--
HTH,

RD

"Almamba" wrote in message
[...]

Aladin Akyurek

If the first name is in A2, the last name in B2, and the SSN in C2...

In D2 enter & copy down:

=UPPER(LEFT(A2))&PROPER(LEFT(B2,3))&RIGHT(C2,4)&"@ nsu.edu"

should do the job.