Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Good Intentions

Default Fixing Hyphens

When I download data into a spreadsheet (2003), any hyphens in the
download are automatically changed to a longer type hyphen. For
example: A hyphen - now looks like — which is wider. This causes a
problem when I'm doing a search or if I then use in Access2003 and
write a query. I was told in another section it is an ASCII 45.

Is there a way to fix this so hyphens are imported as hyphens?

--
Good Intentions
Good Intentions's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33330

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You have a response in your other thread.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Good Intentions"
<Good.Intentions.26278a_1144690514.3641@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Good.Intentions.26278a_1144690514.3641@excelf orum-nospam.com...

When I download data into a spreadsheet (2003), any hyphens in the
download are automatically changed to a longer type hyphen. For
example: A hyphen - now looks like - which is wider. This causes a
problem when I'm doing a search or if I then use in Access2003 and
write a query. I was told in another section it is an ASCII 45.

Is there a way to fix this so hyphens are imported as hyphens?

--
Good Intentions
Good Intentions's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531603

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Good Intentions

Yes, but it didn't tell me how to fix this. I find it hard to believe
that I am the only one that this is causing issues for.