Laurie

Default How can I remove all hyphens in a column without retyping?

I would like to know if there is a way to remove hyphens in a column
containing social security numbers without retyping all of the numbers over.

Thanks!
Dave Peterson

Select the range (whole column???) and do
Edit|Replace
what: - (Hyphen)
with: (leave blank)
replace all.

--

Dave Peterson
Barb R.

That may not work if the cell is formatted as
Category: Special
Type: Social Security Number

If it's formatted that way, you can probably just remove them by changing to
format to NUMBER (if you really want it that way).